NBA 2K16 is a basketball simulation video game published by 2K Sports. the “NBA 2K16” controls have changed a lot comparing to NBA 2K15, it would definitely be hard to understand at first but would definitely make the game easier when you get used to it.
Firstly, let’s have a knowledge of the default keyboard controls of NBA 2K16
There are usually two methods to change the default controls, which to make you control more habitual.
One of Method: Seems a litter complicated but work indeed.
1. Download AutoHotKey and install it.
2. After you have installed AutoHotKey, Right-Click on your desktop.
3. Find “New” in the menu.
4. Click “AutoHotkey Script” inside the “New” menu.
5. Give the script a new name.
6. Find the newly created file on your desktop and Right-Click it.
7. Click “Edit Script”. A window should have popped up, probably Notepad.
8. Now copy the script below and paste it.
#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
;remapping “normal” number keys to make them
;behave like numpad numbers
;using the “Appskey” to turn on/off remapping code
9. Now, here are the default keyboard controls of NBA 2K16
10. Now what you have to do is, just put your desired keys and on the “left side” and put the default keyboard controls on the “right side”.
As you can see, default controls
Space is for passing.
Numpad 5 is for shooting
Numpad 3 is for block/reboundNow if you want to assign
E for rebounding
S to shoot
X to passIt will be like
11. You don’t have to use the numbers from 0 to 9, just put your desired keys and on the“left side” and put the default keyboard controls on the “right side”.
Let’s say you want to put/map the shoot/steal button to the letter Z:
You need to type:
12. Similarly, you can add any new key.
Example: If you want to assign Sprint/run/turbo to the left shift.
You need to type.
13. When you are done save the script. Right-click on the script select Run Script.
14. You will see green ‘H’ highlighted in the icon tray.
15. Play the game.
The Other Method: Confirm that your 2k16 is a legit copy disconnect your internet connection first.
1. Press and hold Windows key + R then Type %appdata% then > 2K Sports > NBA 2K16 >controllers | check if there are some files. If there are delete it then proceed to Step 2 if not then also proceed to step 2.
2. Run NBA2k16
3. Run the Trainer (Run as Admin)
4. Press F7 while on the trainer and go back to NBA 2k16
5. Go to Option then Edit your Controls on control configuration
6. Save it using Right Click of the mouse then select YES
7. without exiting your 2k16 and trainer. Press and hold Windows key + R then type%appdata% then > 2K Sports > NBA 2K16 > controllers | delete the file inside the controllers usually 0000-0000……… JSON File
8. Exit the Trainer
9. Exit NBA2k16
10. Start the NBA2k16 without the trainer and Test if it’s working.